Thursday, November 21, 2013

Adobe's Photographers Package Deal

Photographers Package?

Yup, turns out that Adobe thinks that Lightroom and Photoshop should be packaged together in this deal and boy, are they right!

Like most other Lightroom users, I use Lightroom for 95% of my workflow, depending on the job.

Just took pictures at the KWF Karate World Cup and 100% of the images were only edited in Lightroom. Also had a model-shoot and 100% of those images were edited in Photoshop. But I took 500 Karate photos and about 25 model photos, so there...!

I've always been annoyed at the price of Photoshop as I used it very rarely. Lightroom, on the other hand, has always been priced fairly considering how much I use it. But sometimes I use Photoshop... Sometimes!

I understand why Photoshops was pirated, in the amount it was (No, I didn't!), as very few amateur photographers could afford to pay the full price. Naturally this leads to creative ways of avoiding payment. By a) lowering the price and, b) switching to a subscription based model, Adobe has removed any reason for pirating the product.

So, whats the deal?

Well, until December 2., 2013 you will be able to subscribe to Lightroom AND Photoshop for a mere
$9.99 a month! Catch? Sure. You have to sign up for one year. You have 30 days of money back guarantee, if you decide it was the wrong thing to spend money on, but that is probably not going to happen.

Wait, haven't I heard about this before?
Yes and no. The deal has been on for a few months, but ONLY if you already owned Photoshop CS3 or higher, in the first place. This new deal removes that requirement and that is why it is an awesome deal.


Great! Where can I find this deal?

Right HERE (Photoshop Photography Program)

No comments:

Post a Comment